What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Uncle Tom's Cabin

A smile crossed the child's face. "Love, hope, kindness, joy." Then she was dead. The servants mourned and cried. "We's a gonna miss Missis Eva. She got a good heart. She did what she was jis' made to do. She done be better than any other child," Mammy said softly. Tom nodded. "She's a gone. We's neve' gonna see her 'gain...." Uncle Tom's Cabin is one of my favorite books of all times. Written before the Civil War, it has become a classic for young and old. The main character Uncle Tom is sold over and over.  As this story is nearing it's end, he is sold to a little girl named Eva, who has her father buy him. Uncle Tom is a good friend of Eva's, till the little girl dies. I enjoyed this story, but it was sad when Eva dies. Harriet Beecher Stowe wrote this story well, and I hope to read more of her stories if she has written any more. 

No comments: