What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sounder

"There ain't no dog like Sounder" is what the little boy said. Slavery is over, but the boy's family works for a man owning land. Sounder belongs to the boy's family, helping hunt. He goes out to hunt possum, 'coons, deer, and all kinds of food. The family has a farm, though Sounder will wander around a lot. This little boy goes through tough times. His father is taken to jail and comes back. Soon the father dies, as well as Sounder. Sounder and the boy's father were an important part of the family. Now that they're gone, it's the boy that helps out a lot. Sounder and the boy's father are gone, but their presence remains in the family's small cabin.

No comments: