What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kaya and Lone Dog

"Kaya and Lone Dog" is one of my favorite American Girls books. Kaya is a Nez Perce girl. The Nez Perce were a group of Native American people who lived during 1864. In their beliefs, you would earn a wyakin. You would have a vision quest, in which you learned what animal you were most like. The Nez Perce had great fears, just like any other tribe. The Salish people, who's men had pale faces, brought sickness when they traded and were with the Nez Perce. Many people died, some were lucky. Kaya, in this book, befriends a lone dog (that's why the dog's name is Lone Dog); the dog has pups that she lets Kaya have. Then the mother leaves. Kaya is sad, but makes up for it, with the biggest of the pups. Kaya names the dog Tatlo. Kaya is very happy, and so is Lone Dog.

No comments: