What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Adventures of Mark Twain and "The Big Read"

Last Saturday, we put on our shoes and headed out for a Tom Sawyer event at the library. I have an abridged copy of the book, so I knew about most everything in the book. When we went to the Tom Sawyer event, there were a lot of things to do! You could play games. You could get a pinwheel and all sorts of stuff there! We decorated our own spinning top. We got balloon creations (I got a banjo), and had lots of fun. One of the things we did, was color part of a picket fence. It is going to be put up in the library. There are going to be more Tom Sawyer events. Today there is one! We will have so much fun learning about Tom Sawyer and Mark Twain.

No comments: