What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

To Kill a Mockingbird

One of the best stories I ever read, To Kill a Mockingbird, is an award winning classic. It won the Pulitzer prize in 1961 and was made into an Academy Award-winning film. To Kill a Mockingbird is an awesome book. I had never read the book before I watched the movie, but my Pop still let me watch it. Pop decided I should tell him if, even though I watched the movie already, I thought it was like the movie. It has been a while, so when I read it, the movie came rushing back to me, and I remembered everything about the movie. The book reminded me so much of the movie and when I watch it again, I am sure it will be the other way around. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of the best books in the universe!

1 comment:

Tia Nene said...

This was the first movie of a book that I ever remember watching, and I remember being so ANGRY that they changed one very significant thing -- at least in my mind. One of the reasons I loved the book was the fact that the kids were so aware of the world around them, at a time when we tend to think kids were innocent and naive. So when they give the maid a significant line that Gem has in the book, that made me angry; I felt it took away from the fact that these kids WERE aware of the world around them. But maybe it's just me? Anyway, I loved the book too!