What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bats at the Beach


I enjoyed reading this book. It is a poem about the little trip that bats take - to the beach! When I read this book I decided that I don't have a favorite part. Now, I like to imagine little bats flittering about and I have been dreaming about these things. Here is a part or two that I would like to show you, my readers. I hope that you can see this book is very cute - and very interesting. Here is a bit of it: 

How delicious-oh, how sweet,
To feel warm sand beneath our feet.
Quick, set up-spread blankets on sand!
We want to get going when fun is at hand.
                                      

We hurry down to test the ocean.
Don't forget the moon-tan lotion!
What's the first thing we should do?
So many games before night's through.
 


1 comment:

Brian Lies said...

Dear Trinity-

Thank you for blogging BATS AT THE BEACH! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. I enjoyed spending time in the bats' world with this book, so much that I wrote two other bat books, BATS AT THE LIBRARY (2008) and BATS AT THE BALLGAME (coming September 2010). I think it's fun to imagine how bats would do the things we people like to do!

Keep on Reading!

Best wishes from Brian Lies