What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tanglewood Tales

I enjoyed this book. This book is full of stories from Greek mythology. There are many stories such as The Golden Fleece, The Pygmies, Circe's Palace, and The Pomegranate Seeds. Of all the stories in this book, I think my favorites are Circe's Palace and The Golden Fleece. Circe's Palace concerns a king named Ulyssus. King Ulyssus finds an island. On the island, there is a marble palace. An enchantress, Circe, lives there. She changes wicked people into what they really are. If a beast, then they are changed into the animal that they most resemble. If not, this person will behold his human shape forevermore. King Ulyssus saves his comrades from Circe, and keeps his human shape. The Golden Fleece is about a young man by the name Jason. He is a well educated man, and he is a prince. To gain his rightful place as king, Jason finds himself in a mess of adventures; all of which I think are very interesting. I wish to read more tales.  

No comments: