What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Me and My Friends

The last time I did my blog, I wrote an abridged version of one of my stories. I shall now write an abridged version of the second chapter:


                                                                              Chapter 2
I blinked and rubbed my eyes. This wasn't happening, was it? I looked around at my new surroundings. I spotted a sign made of a cinnamon sticks and gingerbread points. I licked my lips as I looked at it. There were six signs on the cinnamon stick in all: Cookie Town, Fudge River, Candle Maker, The Frost Village, Candy Cane Lane, and another one I shivered at. The letters were frosted in dark, black letters: goblins, BEWARE! I stepped back and tripped over something. I turned around, expecting to see a dirty, green goblin. Instead, it was Gigi! She was running and bouncing on the crumbly, frosted cookie road. I gasped. July was running to Gigi, and Story and Hilda were hopping up and down. I felt Kit moving in my bag. This was magic! Kit teeter-tottered over the edge, then started to fall. Story, having loooonnnnggggg arms, grabbed Kit around the waist and snapped her over. I watched with amazement. "Hi guys, I mean girls!" I laughed and sat down. Gigi smiled and ran over from playing with July. Story pulled Hilda and July over with her stretchy arms. "It's good to see you again," Gigi said. July nodded and climbed up my arm. Story grabbed Kit and Hilda and jumped up to hold everyone around my neck. Gigi jumped into my bag. The sun hit the mountains, and I shielded my eyes. "We better find somewhere to rest," I said. I shivered thinking about the sixth sign. It wouldn't be safe to be out here in the dark with goblins roaming, I thought. "I'm hungry!" Announced Kit. I looked down at my bag, where she had jumped to. She smiled sheepishly, and I grinned back. "I want to explore," July commented. "Yeah, well, there are goblins out here, just so you know," I informed everyone. "Oh." Suddenly, I heard grunting and looked over my shoulder. There were about fourteen goblins at my heel.
"Run!" I yelled. I zipped my bag and started running as fast as I could. This wasn't a game of tag with Pop at home, I reminded myself. If there was one thing I had learned from tag, though, it was to find an accurate hiding spot until the enemy has passed. However, there was no shelter. Only me, and stuffed animals who don't even have teeth! Suddenly, I felt arms carrying me up. I blacked out.
                                                           *********************
When I awoke I was hanging from an oak tree, upside down. A rope was tied around my leg and I twisted around to look at my foot. I was trapped!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a cool story! I like your ending, very suspenseful. I can't wait to hear more!