What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Monday, January 9, 2012

The Westing Game

The Westing Game is an awesome book about kids and grownups solving the murder mystery of their Uncle Samuel Westing. People are paired and each group is given an envelope with clues. Bombs are laid, people are hurt, and everyone is wondering: who is the mysterious murderer, bomber, and thief? This book is really well written. It was a wonderful book. I know that it is a book I'm going to want to read again and again! The characters are really well built, and I learned a lot about building a mystery here. I'm definitely going to use it as reference for a script I'm writing. I'll give everyone a sneak peek; I'm writing a radio show script for Samuel Woodcock: Private Detective. And my inspiration comes from this book and so many others. I can't wait to read this book again. Till tomorrow....

1 comment:

Tarissa said...

Hi! I just found your blog... love it! I've read a lot of the same books you've read, including the American Girls series, and The Westing Game---which is one of my favorite books ever! I will enjoy reading more of your posts.
Blessings,
~ Tarissa
{ In the Bookcase }