What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bernard the Brave

Have you ever wondered if Disney actually came up with The Rescuers? Have you ever wondered where the characters came from? Well, they came from books. The books were written by Margery Sharp. First, she wrote about a character named Miss Bianca. Miss Bianca had many adventures by herself, until Margery Sharp wrote about a loving and friendly character named Bernard. Miss Bianca was always considered a hero, while Bernard an average mouse. But Bernard was a hero himself. Nobody ever saw how helpful and courageous Bernard was. Margery Sharp finally bit her lip and decided that the spotlight should fall upon Bernard. In Bernard the Brave, Bernard proves that he is a hero. He rescues a girl of seventeen and is able to escape from three young wolves. Bernard the Brave is a great book I shall never forget.

No comments: