What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shim Chung: The Blind Man's Daughter


I liked this book! Like Daphnis and Chloe, this has been adapted as a ballet. This story is about a blind man's daughter. When the blind man is nearly drowned, a monk saves him. He makes the blind man promise to give three hundred sacks of rice to the temple. Poor man! When his daughter Shim Chung finds out, she wants to help. She finds out that a man on board a ship is offering so much money to one person who will become a sacrifice for the sea dragon king. Shim Chung offers and goes to the sea. She wears a beautiful white dress. She jumps into the sea. The sea dragon king comes and helps her breath. He will let her go back to the land if she visits him. Shim Chung agrees. When she gets back she marries a king. Her father comes and she is reunited with him. I hope that I can see a ballet of this. I think this story is very interesting.

No comments: