What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Daphnis and Chloe

This story has to do with the gods in Greek mythology. When going to the temple of the forest god Pan, a young man named Dorcon, scoops up a young woman named Chloe and tries to kiss her. A shepherd named Daphnis saves Chloe. The men decide to have a contest. Whoever dances the best will win Chloe's kiss. Dorcon is drunk and he dances clumsily. But when Daphnis dances, he dances gracefully, smoothly, so very well. After Daphnis wins the contest and receives his kiss, Chloe stands in a clearing in the forest.  A group of Vikings come and scoop up Chloe. They make her dance. When Chloe tries to escape, the biggest pirate scoops her up and carries her above his head. Daphnis finds out Chloe is gone and rescues her. He is rewarded with another kiss. I think this is an interesting story, I had never heard of this ballet. Perhaps one day I might be able to see it on stage.

No comments: