What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Jean Lafitte


The dreaded pirate Jean Laftitte, is whom I am writing about. When a young man, Lafitte ran a blacksmith shop with his brother. He didn't get much money out of this and so Lafitte became a privateer. A privateer is not a pirate. Nobody could arrest Lafitte. Lafitte did not care to be called a pirate. He was a very caring, smart, and handsome man. He could navigate his way through the bayous. When Lafitte stole goods and sold them in New Orleans, the governor was angry. When the war between the Great Britain and France came, Lafitte decided to fight. He had respect for America. When the British soldiers offered Lafitte $13,000 and a place as a captain in the army, Jean Lafitte said no. I think Lafitte was a brave man. Especially as he became a pirate-hero in 1812.

No comments: