What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Monday, December 21, 2009

A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time is a very good book. It is about three children; Calvin, Meg and Charles. Meg is very good at math, but has her faults; she is full of stubbornness and independence. Charles is a very intelligent boy for his age, but though smart, he can be hypnotized thanks to his pride. Calvin is a very good and kind young man. Even though he has no actual talent, Calvin does have his power of strength and hope. When Meg and Charles' father vanish, the kids look to their friends for help; Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which. The three ladies turn out to be very strange indeed, but friendly. They help Meg and Charles get their father back. While rescuing their father, Charles is put under a spell thanks to his pride. He is brought back to his family when Meg breaks the spell. Meg loves her brother very much; so turning away from her faults, she turns to love. Her brother is released from the spell. They get back home and Meg and Charles are happy to have their father back. This book is written by Madeline L'Engle. I liked this book a lot. It was sad in some parts and weird in the rest. But again, I liked this book; maybe because it's wrinkled my time.

No comments: