What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Mysterious Benedict Society

A few days ago I started a book about four gifted children. I finished on Wednesday, the seventh. I liked the book and did a book report on it. The Mysterious Benedict Society is the first book in Trenton Lee Stewart's series. This is one of my favorite books I have read so far. It inspired me. Here is what the story is about: An advertisement for gifted children was put up around the city. A boy by the name of Reynie is in the test and passes. He meets three other children who have passed the test. All three pass two more tests and then meet Mr. Benedict who gave out the test sheets. He needs their help to save the world because secret messages are being sent around by radio and TV. Mr. Benedict wants to know what they mean and how they're being sent. He sends the children to the Learning Institute on Nomansan Island.  Then Reynie and his friend Sticky become messengers. They get to experience the Whisperer. The machine whispers to you and makes you not afraid. The messages are actually being sent while you're in it but you don't know. The children defeat the Whisperer by confusing it. At the end of the story, Reynie is adopted by his tutor, Miss Perumal. His friend, Sticky, is reunited with his parents; Kate finds her father; and Constance is adopted by Mr. Benedict.  I enjoyed this book very much. It gave me a few ideas for my stories. I think reading gives me ideas for my stories. I hope I can read the other two stories in the series. The titles are The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoners Dilemma, and The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey. I guess I'm just like my pop says, I'm a little reader.

No comments: