What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Water

Here is something I wrote yesterday. I was thinking of the summer and I thought, "Hey! Why don't I make up a poem about water." So here it is, my poem about water.


As radiant as the light of day,
As brilliant as a bright blue jay,
It is a body of water,
Home to the pleasant otter.
Friends gather around
To listen to it's sound.
Children laugh and play
 In the water of the day.
Some mothers fuss at the children,
 Then, smiling, stop and listen.
One boy cries,
Then come the mothers' replies,
"Oh dear, oh dear.
'We shall save you, for fear
You might drown."
And they pull him out with a frown.
Then eat a delicate treat,
Oh, so, so sweet.
And so I have to say,
What a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Tia Nene said...

Your poem made me smile. Thank you for sharing it!

Love you, Tia Nene