What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings

Lord of the Rings was an amazing book! I really like it. Frodo has been dismal since Bilbo left on his 111 birthday. Now Gandalf returns, telling him the ring is dangerous and evil, and that he must take the ring to the fires of Mordor. Frodo is wary, but he knows that his quest will heal the land. So Frodo sets off, along with docile Sam, brave Merry, and humorous Pippin. The band of friends go a little ways, meeting Strider or Aragorn son of Arathorn and Legolas. They stay with Tom Bombadil and his lady fair for a bit then travel on, through escapades, dangerous chases, and perilous moments. The fellowship of the ring is formed at the house of Elrond and now the comrades must once again set out to destroy the ring, along with Legolas, an elf, and Gimli, a dwarf. Together they must destroy the black riders, outwit Sauron, and destroy the ring. But will they? In this heart-pulsing chapter of Lord of the Rings, Frodo will go through paths fraught with danger to complete the first section of his journey.

I really loved this book. It was stupendous! The chases, the magical forests, and the heart warming characters made this book worthwhile. I regret to say that Mom and Pop have told me Tom Bombadil and his lady are not in the movie. But nevertheless, I cannot wait to see the movie, which will probably be in a good length of time.

No comments: