What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Tea Time Chaps!

Saturday we had a birthday party for my friend, Raquel, who was turning seven. We were invited to her tea party, which was a blast! It was so much fun to dress up, grab our dolls, and drink tea. So we dressed up, I in my Kit Kittredge dress and the others in nice summer dresses. We arrived with our dolls. I brought Kit and Ruthie mini dolls, Noel brought a big Josefina doll, and 'Lina a mini Samantha doll, which is very rare. We got there and were able to choose some party favors, made by our hostess, Mrs. A-. We had tons of fun playing and making crafts, like rings, fans, and headbands for our dolls (I got to make mini ones for Kit and Ruthie), then we ate. Pizza is usually not a normal tea food, but who makes the rules? Anyway, after eating we got to play a lot more and spend time together. Finally, came dessert. I chose not to have any sweets, but just to drink tea; most nibbled on the cookies. We all discovered one thing though: We are serious tea fiends! After having several (maybe a good ten) cups of tea, we played games based on historical American Girl characters. Then we enjoyed the rest of the night together, having fellowship as friends. Mrs. A- did an excellent job and we all think that the party was a great success. The Lord really blessed us with this special night, and we have even more coming up!

1 comment:

Tarissa said...

Dressing up like the American Girls sounds like fun! I never had a doll or anything, but I sure enjoyed those books.