What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers was a great book! It was very slow, but as I told Pop,"the first is starting it, the third is wrapping it up. The second is just filling up the gap between the two." The end was very exciting though. Frodo and Sam have set off, with a very old "friend" of Bilbo's following them, hoping to get his hands on "the precious." Meanwhile, Merry and Pippin meet up with the Ents, tree like creatures who take care of the woods. Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli however, are plagued with the death of Borimir, and set off in pursuit of Merry and Pippin, who were previously in the hands of some nasty orcs. The three friends have little time for merriment, between the mysterious old man who appears and then vanishes, the orcs, and other hardships of the road. They meet Theoden, who aids them in their quest to vanquish the orcs and find the hobbits, and eventually leads them to Merry and Pippin, who are safely camping with the Ents. While the old friends reunite, Frodo and Sam are following Gollum, trudging through the Dead Swamp, a dry desert, up staircases, and into darkness, to Mordor. But can they really trust Gollum? Will he truly let them into Mordor safely, to destroy the ring?

A great book, I couldn't put this one down. I am currently working on the last one. And (sigh) I'll just have to wait until I'm older to watch the movies. Tomorrow I write about a very interesting fantasy...

No comments: