What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Mystery of the Missing Everything

The Mystery of the Missing Everything was a great book! Bethesda, an eighth grader, has loved mystery ever since she mistakenly uncovered the past of one of her teachers. Since then, watching black-and-white movies of Sherlock Holmes, Charlie Chan, and others has inspired her to become a detective. When someone steals a trophy, the kids are sentenced to a week of quizzes, quizzes, and nothing but quizzes. Bethesda is instantly on the case. Along with her old friend, Tenny, and her trusty notebook ("Sherlock Holmes can keep the magnifying glass," she states), Bethesda is going to try and figure out the case before all their hopes of the upcoming field trip are dashed! Can she do it?

A great read, The Mystery of the Missing Everything held funny characters, an interesting plot, and mystery all around. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants the style of Sherlock Holmes and the humor of a comedian.

1 comment:

Tarissa said...

Sounds like a fun book!