What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Sootface: An Ojibwa Cinderella Story

Sootface is a good book. It is one of the many versions of Cinderella I've read. This retelling is suspenseful. I wonder every time I read it what the young "prince" (or magical cheiftan) looks like. In this version a test is given to determine who will marry the prince, it was interesting. Each young girl was sent to speak with the "prince's" sister and asked an important question. If she answered correctly, she would be wed. I loved the fact that the "prince" had a bow made of rainbow and it was strung with white fire. "Like the Milky Way, the Path of Souls," Sootface said. In the end Sootface and the "prince" all live happily ever after. But what version doesn't she? I think this was one of the most interesting versions of Cinderella.

No comments: