What started it all....


I want to be a writer. I read almost everything and then enjoy writing about what I have read. Sometimes I write about family events, thoughts that I think, or book ideas that I would like to finish. My Mom and Pop told me when I get older, I can try an internship to learn more about writing. One day, maybe I will even make my own book.


My Pop was so excited when I told him I wanted to write, that he suggested I start a blog. Here I can write about anything and other people can see my thoughts. Maybe this will help me become a better writer.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Bliss

Bliss is a great book! Rosemary (Rose for short) loves her parents bakery and the best part is her parents make magical cakes, cookies, muffins, etc. But when a flu epidemic sweeps part of a smaller town, Rose's parent's must go and help. They've never revealed their magic to anyone and are reluctant to go, but they take their chances. Rose is excited she'll be able to make magic, but the kids are forbidden, and Rosemary is given the key to the room holding the magic cookbook. That day, a mysterious woman named Lily, who calls herself Aunt Lily comes over and says that she wants to spend time with her dear family. But Rose doesn't trust her. The boys Thyme, a highschool student, and Sage, in elementary, are excited and they are ready to do anything for her. When Thyme (Ty for short) decides that he would love to make some magic and prove themselves to Aunt Lily, the kids sneak some recipes. But oh, what havoc! The love muffins make a teacher and a shy man who like each other start to really go gaga over each other. And then truth cookies make people start telling truths even if they  don't want to! Mixed with eating love muffins and truth cookies, girls are crazy about Ty, the shy teacher and man are going crazy about each other, and the upside-down-inside-out cupcakes make the town act and talk backwards! With Aunt Lily's help they fix the mess, but Rose feels like their's something not right about her. And then she tells Rose she's offering her a place beside her, to steal the cookbook and make her family forget her! Rose is caught, for she's always wanted to be able to use the cookbook whenever she wanted to and be like Aunt Lily. But Rose is loyal and she dumps Forget Me muffins Aunt Lily made for Ty and Sage so that they would forget them. Aunt Lily gets away with the cookbook, and their parents come back. Rose is disappointed, but she knows she made the right choice. I think this book was pretty good. At some parts I had to pause, but other than that, it was pretty funny! Until tomorrow...

No comments: